With many still staying home during this season, it's more important than ever to stay connected with your group. Many of our groups have the option to meet online and in person.
Our online groups will be using a platform called Zoom which allows for quick and easy group video meetings. If you'll be using your computer, be sure it has a camera and microphone built in, then simply click the link from your leader's email when it's time to meet.
How to use Zoom
Your small group leaders are being provided instruction on how to create a Zoom meeting. Here are step by step instructions to be able to download the app, join the meeting, and be part of a meeting.
- Download the Zoom app on your mobile device or computer.
- iPhone App Download (iPhone and iPad)
- Android App Download (Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc.)
- Desktop App
- Once you have downloaded the app, you are all set for the first meeting.
- Your small group leader will send you an email or text with a meeting link or a meeting code before your group meeting time.
- To access the meeting via email: open your email on the device that you will be using for the Zoom meeting. Click or tap the Join Link in the email invite.
To access the meeting via the app: open the app on your phone or tablet. Tap "Join a Meeting" and enter the 9-digit meeting code.
If your group leader hasn't started the meeting yet, a screen will pop up with a "Waiting for the host to start".
- Small group leaders will have the Zoom meeting ready to go for your group's meeting time. Your small group leaders will be in contact with you with your meeting time if it has changed at all.
- Select "Join with Video" in the window that opens. You can turn on and off audio and video using the microphone and camera buttons that are in the lower left-hand corner of the Zoom meeting window.
If you can't hear audio, make sure that the volume is up on your phone. Check out the video below for more info about how to configure your audio and video.
- To help prevent background noise interruptions, please mute your mic when you are not speaking using the little button on the lower left-hand side of your screen.