Let them praise His name with dancing (Psalm 149:3)
Harmony Dance is a creative arts ministry for girls to express their love for Jesus through dance! Each class will center on the concept of using our ability to dance to magnify the Lord and show others the love of Christ. Our pursuit and focus as a dance ministry is to raise up a generation of girls and young women who possess a deep love for the Lord, a solid identity in Christ and a passion for worship.
No previous dance experience is necessary for any of our age groups or levels. There is a maximum of 10 students per class. All classes and recitals are held at Highlands Church.
Quality ballet curriculum will be used as the foundation of this dance program. Classes and curriculum are designed with a beginner/intermediate level student in mind. We offer pre-ballet classes starting at age 3 where younger students will receive age-appropriate, stretching, strengthening and creative movement. Starting at Level 3 and up, students will explore Jazz, Lyrical movement and dramatic interpretation.
For a full explanation of Harmony Dance policies and procedures, please download an Information Packet (pdf).
Friday, May 10th at 6:30pm in the Worship Center
Come see the students of Harmony Dance perform in their May recital! Worship music will be the foundation as dancers display the choreography they've learned over the last four months.
summer dance camp
Join us for our 2019 Summer Dance Camp happening June 24th through 28th! This year's camp is for girls ages 5-14. Prices include a camp t-shirt.
Students will meet in the Senior High Room each morning. They will need to bring a water bottle, a snack/lunch and a Bible. Hair will need to be pulled back in a neat and tidy bun. There is a casual dress code for camp: black stretch pants, ballet shoes, and a comfortable tank top or black leotard that will cover their stomachs. Please no stomachs or bras showing.
- Group A | Ages 5-6 | 9:00am-12:00pm | $150 | REGISTER
- Group B | Ages 7-9 | 9:00am-1:00pm | $175 | REGISTER
- Group C | Ages 10 & Up | 9:00am-2:00pm | $185 | REGISTER
Schedule and REgistration
The Harmony Dance Fall 2019 classes begin in August. There will be an end-of-the-semester recital with a mandatory dress rehearsal. Classes are 45 minutes for girls age 3-6, and 60 minutes for girls age 7-13.
- Level 1 (age 3-4): Mondays at 10:00am - Registration opens July 1st!
- Level 1 (age 3-4): Mondays at 4:00pm - Registration opens July 1st!
- Level 2 (age 5-6): Tuesdays at 4:00pm - Registration opens July 1st!
- Level 3 (age 7-8): Tuesdays at 5:00pm - Registration opens July 1st!
- Junior I (age 9-12 | Beginner Level): Mondays at 5:00pm - Registration opens July 1st!
- Junior II (age 12 & 13 | Intermediate Level | 3+ years of experience): Mondays at 4:00pm - Registration opens July 1st!
Levels 1-2 (ages 3-6): $175 per semester
Levels 3 and up (ages 7 & up): $195 per semester
*cost includes the $25 costume fee
Special Needs class
Special Needs Class | Ages 13 & up
Mondays from 5:00-5:45pm in the Rockhouse
Cost is $125 (Includes a T-Shirt and costume for the recital)
Registration opens July 1st!
Questions? Contact Bonnie Swing, Director of Harmony Dance at .